Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun, Fab & Free!


I have to thank my new friend Amy from Maison Decor for inspiring me to do this blog. I have a little anxiety about putting my first one up. My 6-year-old son, Sullivan, dropped my digital camera and until I can afford a new one I have to use my crappy camera on my phone. So the pictures aren't great, but hopefully you will still like what you see!


This was a great "side of the road with a free sign" find... my favorite!!



This is how it looked when I first got it home. It was a bit of a challenge getting it in over the table already in the back and past my son's head and over the back seat of my Jeep. But as I always say, "when there's a will, there's a way"!



The guy we got it from built it as a pantry to keep his paints and stains in. Here it is primed, with Zinsser Bin Primer.  This primer works great to get rid of any odor or stains that may otherwise show thru your paint job.  It's also great for any glossy surfaces, your pain will stick, not peel!



Paint finished (Martha Stewart- Tidewater), ready for distressing, my favorite part!



Since it was already a maroon color underneath, then we added the primer (which gives it another layer), the distressing looks awesome, lots of depth.



This is now in my dining room, I think I will keep my sewing supplies in here! The mirror was from a yard sale ($3), the large bottle was found in my basement, the McCoy pottery was my grandmothers', the metal box came from a junk shop ($4), the other two items came from yard sales.

Thanks for checking out my first blog post, I'm so excited to be part of Blogland! I would appreciate any suggestions on how I can improve and become a pro-blogger : )


Now linking to:

Funky Junk Interiors
and 
Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog


12 comments:

  1. I was gonna say I didn't recognize this in your store in New Hampshire! It looks great Bridget and it will hold a ton of cute and not so cute stuff and no one will be the wiser! Yay for putting up your first post! keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous find and you did a fantastic job revamping it! Welcome to blog land, thanks for the visit and I look forward to your future posts!!

    Hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first post!! Great redo!!

    Thanks so much!!
    Michele R.(CA)
    Luvkittysgiveaways at Gmail dot com
    Butterfly Whispers

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cabinet looks fantastic and you took a pretty awesome picture with your phone! I'm so sad for you about your camera and I bet your pictures will be gorgeous once you get a new camera. I think this blog is going to be fantastic and I'll be your 5th follower. :) Welcome to the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! And free to boot!!
    Love your rehab...so delightful... and hanging the mirror on it...well that is just fabulous!!!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find! You did a beautiful job restoring it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the blogging world...you will love it! Hop over and share your cabient at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for all your support, this is sooooo much fun! New post coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget it looks amazing!!! You've always done incredible work with everything that you touch!! Keep up the great work! Hope to visit your shop soon!
    Best Wishes!
    JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved without the distressing and could really put something like that to work in my house. No one ever has enough storage!! good luck on your blog and the picture was just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cabinet makeover! And the pieces on top of it....good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work ~as usual!!! Keep it coming, non-artist like me can really get inspiration from creative people like yourself!! =)
    -Gins

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails