Monday, May 23, 2011

Roadside Find to My Kitchen!

I saw this piece for free on the side of the road and thought.... 
I could definitely do something with that! So, in my Jeep it went! 
I have a galley kitchen, so I have a bureau in my kitchen for extra storage and this fit perfectly on top! I was so excited, now the bureau looks like a hutch! 
I am re-doing my kitchen cabinets in white, stainless steel appliances 
and greige walls, which is still in process.


Here are some before pics...


It's solid pine and just needed a few coats of fresh white paint.


This was just what my kitchen needed!


 My milk glass collection went on top...


...along with my black and white scale, keeping with the color scheme.


I pulled my canisters out of the cabinet, 
I found these at a flea market years ago for $6!


Putting the toaster oven here, freed up some counter space.


My spices fit underneath, along with a bowl for fruit.


My cook books fit on the shelves inside and my mail gets hidden in there too!


This bureau I picked up at my favorite junk shop a few years back for $25


I love the way my kitchen is starting to come together!

Linking to these parties:



21 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! It is perfect for on top of the bureau! Like how you accessorized it too! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks great and it is uber practical too! I am working on my kitchen too B!! all this rain just keeps a girl plugging away on the insides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on that great find...looks great on the dresser...love the milk glass....xo, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great with your bureau. I love your milk glass collection. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! Good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is going to look fabulous! Love white cabinets and gray walls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a great find! I love it when fate smiles like that. Your dresser is simply gorgeous, I love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love when things work out like that? It's the perfect fit, and you did a wonderful job with the paint and filling in with your gorgeous pieces. I just love the vintage dresser it's sitting on too, beautiful detail on the drawers, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way your kitchen looks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was meant to be and looks GREAT the way you've accessorized!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! I LOVE roadside finds! It looks great! It totally finished off the bureau, and now you have a hutch..!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a neat piece. I love your canisters and your milk glass collection. I wanted to invite you to my Transformations and Treasures party on Wednesdays! Hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the perfect marriage of top and bottom, and it does look like a fabulous hutch. Wonderful find! I love how it looks and all the goodies inside are fabulous. The vintage canisters remind me of my mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great find! It was clearly meant to be yours! I have a small milk glass collection too and it appears we have a couple of the same pieces! I love how fresh and cheerful it looks! I'm following you! Can't wait to see more updates on your lovely vintage kitchen!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are a wisard! beautifull thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bureau/hutch. Looks great with all your things in it. Your milk glass collection are really nice. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is as if it was made just for your kitchen! I love everything you put in it as well!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by from Sassy sites. Love the white, and loe the hutch! It all looks great!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's amazing! I love your milkglass collection! I am your newest follower!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  20. it looks great :) fabulous vision

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails