This little bureau was rescued from a yard sale,
it needed lots of love and I was the one willing to give it!
Here is the before pic, it was in pieces! The top was detached
and in two pieces and the door was off, not to mention it was filthy!
I should have taken more pics of the putting back together process,
but I didn't! I re-attached the top with finish nails, counter sunk them and filled with
wood filler, then sanded. Now it needed a coat of primer. I always use Zinser's Bin
with shellac, it even works on shiny surfaces, so there's no need to sand!
I painted it parchment white and distressed using an orbital sander.
I sprayed all the hardware black, they really pop against the off-white.
Re-attached the door and added a new knob.
All done!! What a difference! I also lined all the drawers
with wallpaper used from discontinued wallpaper books.
You can ask your local wallpaper store to call you when
they have some discontinued books, that's what we did.
She's already in her new home!
Attending these Linky Parties:
Show & Tell Friday
Show & Tell Wednesdays