Thursday, September 6, 2012

Black Beauty


Buffets are so popular these days, people still use them in their 
dining rooms, but many are using them for their over sized TV's 
and they have plenty of storage for all their videos...


 This buffet needed some TLC... 
the veneer was in rough shape, but it had good bones.


 I decided to paint it black and use silver Rub 'n' Buff on the details.


 A little too masculine for my taste, 
I prefer the gold Rub 'n' Buff on the black.


All the pretty details pop!


I wasn't going to distress it at first, but it needed 
a little something else and that did it!


Black and silver proved to be a winner, it sold in less than a week!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful transformation. i really love how your piece turned out. black paint is adding so much character!
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is terrific! Thanks so much for using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff on your project. I really like the new look.

    We do have 16 colors of RNB - you can find all of them on our website or AMAZON.com in case you want to try something besides gold or silver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's much nicer in black. The black gives it a look like it had lots of tender love and care for many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails